As we recognize the importance of improving the quality of life for millions of patients with heart conditions who currently require treatment, we are expanding our portfolio in 2023 with cutting-edge alternatives to care for the hearts of Venezuelans. These options include:
- Actumir® – Empagliflozin 10 mg, indicated for:
- Supplementing diet and exercise to improve glycemic control in adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Reducing the risk of cardiovascular death in adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus and established cardiovascular disease.
- Reducing the risk of cardiovascular death and hospitalization for heart failure in adults.
- Neblum® – Sacubitril/Valsartan, for the:
- Treatment of heart failure (NYHA class II-IV) in patients with systolic dysfunction.
All of this is ensured while upholding the highest quality standards that have characterized us for over 80 years.
Heart Failure Today
Heart failure is a cardiovascular syndrome characterized by signs and symptoms that occur due to the heart’s poor pumping function.
Globally, approximately 64 million people suffer from this condition. In Venezuela, as of 2016, 6.5 million people (33% of the adult population) had some form of cardiovascular disease. Hypertension is the most prevalent, followed by heart failure.
Diabetes and Heart Failure: A Reality
Diabetes is a chronic condition where the body cannot regulate blood sugar levels. Since 2006, it has been categorized as a metabolic pandemic. According to the International Diabetes Federation (IDF), it is classified as one of the fastest-growing global health emergencies of the 21st century.
Our primary call is for education and prevention, urging individuals to seek timely check-ups with specialists.
We’re here, #TakingCareOfYouVeryClosely.
For more information, we invite you to click here.